Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One Small Victory

In an overwhelming world of injustice and brokenness, I am going to celebrate every small victory!

Sunday afternoon I went back to Family Video (you may remember by blog "Blurred" about the inappropriate movie I found there), and went straight to the terrible movie I found on my last visit there. I picked it up and took it to the counter where a different woman was working than before, and handed her the movie. I said "I would like for you to explain to me how this movie is appropriate for Family Video." She looked a little stunned, saw the video I handed her and said "Its not." She said its not!! I was overjoyed that someone working there actually understood what I was saying!

So, after talking to her a minute about it, I said that since she agreed that the erotic film was not appropriate I would like for the movie to be removed from their shelf and..... she said it would be removed that day! Praise the Lord!

Now, you know I will be going in there every few weeks to make sure it doesn't find its way back on display. :) But I am celebrating this tiny victory because if everyone of us fought for a tiny victory, they would add up pretty quickly.

- Katy

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Katy. Some would not have followed through, I sure am glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete