Monday, October 4, 2010

Caution: Construction Zone

I'm doing some processing.

Today I was thinking about destructive life patterns that sneak their nasty way into the back door of our lives, nest there until we can't even recognize them anymore, and cause us to think they are just part of who we are. I admit, that was kind of an intense sentence, but that is really what happens.

I was talking with a friend just this morning who told me to keep her accountable in the area of gossip. Now that is wisdom! Recognizing that you have something that needs correcting and asking a trusted person in your life to help you retrain your mind and tongue.

I want to be the kind of person that can receive the truth in love, and give the truth in love.

Wearing a mask so not to see your flaws is surrendering to a problem that you were not created to walk in. It is learning to live with your wrongful behavior, thinking "that's just who I am".

RED FLAG! That is not who you are! And when someone says "that's just who you are", graciously say that they are wrong and to not label you with ungodly character ever again.

Anywho :) I'm just taking some time tonight to ask the Holy Spirit to tell me what I am currently doing that is setting destructive patterns in my life. Whether it is having a judgmental attitude, gossiping, being quick to frustration or maybe choosing to be negative (yes, I said choosing because it is a choice) I want to be a work in progress kind of person.

Lord, please allow my heart to be a construction zone for the rest of my life.

- Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment