Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our God is Bigger

I have a crazy story to tell you. A young woman in the northern part of the country was in need of the rescuing power of God, took a risky step about 6 months ago, and her life crossed paths with mine.

This woman, who we will call Mary, was in a very dangerous situation. Raised in a Muslim family, her father was not happy when he found out that she had recently been saved and began threatening her and abusing her. She was being caged by his controlling behavior and she knew she had to get away.

Mary found out about my church through worship music she was listening to and out of desperation sent an email explaining her terrible situation. I don't know how, but that email sent into cyberspace came to me.

I can remember clearly reading the shocking words of her desperate circumstance. I sent Mary's email to a woman that I work with that I felt would be able to help her and prayed that God would work it out.

I never heard anything about it again until about 3 weeks ago. I was sitting in a meeting when one of our pastors shared a story that she had just heard about. That a young woman sent an email out crying for help and after months of planning she was rescued and brought here, given housing and is attending the church. I sat frozen knowing that was the email I had received months prior. They had no other information and I assumed I would never hear about it again.

This past Tuesday I was sitting at my desk when a tiny young woman came in my office to meet me. Yep, you guessed it. It was Mary.

I hugged her and started to cry knowing that our God is bigger, our God is stronger, our God is higher than any other. If our God is for us who can be against us?

Thirty minutes after she left I received an email from a woman in Baltimore crying out for help. In an abusive marriage and no money or way to get away from him. I will let you know how it goes.

- Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment