Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Down to the Neety Greety (Nacho Libre style)

I'm not sure why I feel such a need to be honest with whoever is reading this blog, but something in me says that my walk with the Lord may resound with one of you or encourage you when you are wondering "does God really care about me?"

Well let me look you in the monitor and say "He cares about all of it!" and I mean everything. I just heard someone say yesterday that God cares more about what He can do in you than what He can do through you. That statement rocks my world a little bit and I had to really think about that one. But, I have to say I agree.

If God cared mostly about what He could do through me, it would be a works based relationship. I have a grace based relationship with the Lord which mean He cares about my heart first. Then, secondly, cares about what I can do to further the Kindgom and serve people.

I find great joy in knowing God is always interested in bringing me to wholeness, and in turn, I can assist in bringing others to wholeness. I know that we will not be perfected until Heaven, but my life is going to be spent running that direction.

So do you want to run? I believe running to wholeness means giving every single inch of your being to the Lord. Not only your eternal future, but your identity, time, past, dreams, loves, fears, friendships, hurts, money, marriage, kids... (this could get long) to God.

I hope you spend this Wednesday knowing that your best friend (that just happens to run the Universe) loves spending time with you.

- Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment