Thursday, June 3, 2010

American Dream

Tonight I was in a prayer meeting at the church with six other women. We were meeting to pray for God's daughters in the sex industry; the slaves, prostitutes, strippers and those being abused. It was a powerful two hours as we poured out our hearts and asked the Lord to give us a strategic plan on how to help these women. You could feel the sweet presence of the Lord in that room as we ran to Him asking for help. When leaving my friend Jessica said "I have no words" and she was right, because it was a completely humbling experience and I left with an incredible sense of purpose.

I am so humbled that God is taking the time to speak to my heart about the daughters that He needs rescued. I said today that God is wrecking my life... but in the most amazing way. Kyle and I are definitely not living the "American Dream", but we are praying and serving and fighting for justice which I believe is the Kingdom Dream.

Micah 6:8
The Lord has told you what is good,
and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God.

- Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment