Thursday, November 11, 2010

The House That Built Me

Tomorrow I leave for my mission trip. I have been waiting for this trip to arrive for 11 months! I told Kyle last night that we could have had a baby quicker than this trip! But, the time has finally come and I am humbled to be on this team and have our church send us out to explore how we can better aid the women and children in slavery.

Last weekend were the final services in our church's current building. In worship this past Sunday morning, I thought about the day Kyle and I came to church here for the first time, Mother's Day 2006.

I remember clearly the conversation Kyle and I had after that service. I said "I have no idea what he was talking about." And Kyle said "Me neither. But I liked it." There have been about million times since then I have had that thought, and I am so grateful.

Kyle and I were raised in a church that laid a healthy and stable foundation for us. We were taught the truth from a young age and it gave us a solid beginning. Some would say a good foundation is enough, but God desires more.

Our next chapter was about finding out what we believed. Not leaning our parent's faith, but discovering a more personal relationship with God than ever before.

The house that raised us sent out with a big fantastic wedding.

And now the house that built us is sending me out. Not just for a 2 week trip, but to my destiny to free the captives. I feel overwhelmed when I think about it.

I am so grateful for both of these chapters, and I am excited about the new journey that is beginning at 3 pm tomorrow.

- Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment